2022 Outback Bowl – January 1st
WE ARE…BOWL BOUND!!!
You’ve likely heard by now that our Nittany Lions will be taking over Tampa for the 2022 Outback Bowl as they take on the Arkansas Razorbacks. Since the announcement, your Chapter leaders have been working diligently with our fellow local Florida alumni chapters to plan a special day. Here is some information and opportunities for our members and guests that will help you enjoy the day.
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Arkansas Razorbacks
When: Saturday January 1, 2022 @ 12:00 Noon
Where: Raymond James Stadium
There several ways to get tickets. On December 6th and 7th, there were several opportunities for Nittany Club members, season ticket holders and alumni members. If you were unable to reserve a ticket at that time, you can go to the following links below.
If you were able to reserve tickets early, we learned that the virtual tickets should be available some time between Friday, December 10th and Tuesday, December 14 with instructions via email coming from Ticketmaster. Please contact Ticketmaster for more information.
The Central Florida Chapter reserved a bus for our local chapters to take advantage of as a benefit of being part of our chapter. This bus will arrive early enough for the Tampa Chapter tailgate. We will be exploring options for a light breakfast during the trip.
BUS TICKET PRICING
If you want to take advantage of the discount, become a member of our chapter today at: https://centralfloridapsu.
We will have two pickup locations based on our existing passengers and their locations.
- 7am-7:10am: Publix Super Market at Curry Ford Square (10250 Curry Ford Rd, Orlando, FL 32825)
- 7:45am-7:50am: Publix at Champions Gate Village (8301 Champions Gate Blvd, Championsgate, FL 33896)
Here is a quick list of questions and answers to help you decide if taking a bus is right for you.
Do you want to pay for gas?
Gas right now is averaging about $3.30 per gallon in Florida.
Do you want to pay for parking?
According to the website, parking is $35 per car at the stadium and is first-come, first-serve. Once those lots are full, you could be paying much higher or need to walk a long distance to the stadium.
Do you want to deal with traffic?
Do you want to enjoy adult beverages?
Are you concerned with COVID-19?
Do you want flexibility in your schedule?
What amenities are on the charter bus?
Buy a Bus Ticket
Bus Tickets Sold Out? Get Added to the Wait List
If you receive a message that the bus is sold out, that means we hit our maximum capacity for our bus. It doesn’t mean, however, that you are out of luck. Simply contact us, and we will put you on the waiting list. If we get enough people on the waiting list, we may reserve another bus to transport you and your party to the game.
What will I get once I purchase a tailgate ticket?
- Breakfast menu buffet being served from 8:00am – 11:00am
- Lunch menu buffet being served from 11:00am until one (1) hour after the end of the game (or until food runs out)
- Full open bar (Top Shelf) during the entire event
- DJ / music
- Plenty of port-o-potties
- Sectioned off location for Penn Staters
- Bring your own chairs!
What is the pricing for tailgate tickets?
- Adults 19+ years of age: $50 (+$5 service fee)
- 11-18 years of age: $25 (+$5 service fee) – Can only be purchased at the tailgate
- 10 years of age and under: FREE
How can I get the chapter's discounted tickets?
- PAYING CHAPTER MEMBERS will receive an email on Friday, December 17th with the discount code and instructions.
- All other non-paying chapter contacts and social media group members will receive the discount code via email or on our Facebook group on Tuesday, December 21st.
Is there parking at the tailgate?
Yes, but it is very limited. Each spot is $50 and can be purchased in the same manner as the tailgate tickets. Look for information on how to do so via your email.
Stay tuned to your email to receive your instructions. Be sure to check your SPAM/Junk folders if you do not receive the email. There is limited space at the tailgate so get your tickets early.